Nowind, which means without air resistance, is a 100% customised coupling in dimensions, shapes and high resistance materials providing better aerodynamics and greater ergonomics that considerably improve the performance of the cyclist in competition. Adapted for competitions that are under the ITU regulations.
- ITU RULES
- Short aerobars designed under the ITU regulations ideal for triathlon. Specific for short distance races and handlebars of all kinds. Possibility of anchoring both on the handlebar and on the stem.
- When we design your NOWIND we seek to achieve maximum structural resistance but reducing the cDa as much as possible, the objective is to maximize the aerodynamic advantage. The entire forearm is supported, so aerobars and you, the cyclist, are one. In this way, a muscular rest is provided that translates into less fatigue in the most aggressive position and seconds ahead thanks to the aerodynamics.
- No supports or wedges are used, directly attached to the handlebars providing perfect grip, composed only of low-density materials.
- It is a fact that most aerobars that exist in the market are composed of numerous parts and screws that over time lose their fixation and move. This is why at NOWIND we have decided to reduce the pieces as much as possible, thus obtaining a great increase in stability. For this reason, NOWIND is fixed directly to the handlebar, you don´t need wedgest or any other extras. This fixing tries to be as stable as possible, reducing vibrations during pedaling.
- We use industry 4.0 technologies, such as scan studies, to ensure that the extensions adapt perfectly to your arms, achieving perfect ergonomics. In addition, NOWIND allows you to incorporate pads that partially or totally cover the entire contact area of the arm for absolute comfort.
- The NOWIND are fixed aerobars but tailor-made for you. They will not be short or long, they will have the exact dimensions. We maximize aerodynamics, lightness and stability, using state-of-the-art technical materials combined with composite materials that provide high strength and low density. A basic requirement is the comfort and convenience of the cyclist, therefore they are designed at the angle that best favors your position in competition and with the shape of your arms. The clamping system of the NOWIND is developed according to the handlebar of the bike, being able to be a single support or a support per arm. In this case you can choose to join both supports by a bridge that increases the structural rigidity. Considering everything listed, the production of all NOWIND includes the production of a prototype that verifies the ergonomics, the demands of the cyclist and anchoring to the bicycle. Once verified, the final reinforced product is manufactured.
- The final design of each Uniqo Custom Bikes product is consulted with the rider. Your tastes and preferences are an essential part of the development of the product, if you have any suggestion, do not hesitate to consult our team.